Welcome to our customers who are new to Nashville! We aren’t surprised you chose to make Nashville your new home, and we are confident you will enjoy living here as much as we do.

Here are some links to get you started in settling in. Then check out our “New Nashvillian” Pinterest board – search Pinterest for “bushinsurance” – we are sharing loads of fun things to do!

Get a TN License


  • You must apply for a license within 30 days of moving to TN. This applies to military members temporarily based and out-of-state students

Register Your Car




***If you live in one of these counties that requires emissions testing, you will need to get that taken care of prior to applying for registration and titling.

    • Davidson County.
    • Hamilton County.
    • Rutherford County.
    • Sumner County.
    • Wilson County.
    • Williamson County.

At the county clerk’s office:

  • Submit passed emissions test paperwork, if required in your county of residence
  • Present the current or most recent out-of-state registration.
  • Submit the out-of-state title.
    • Have the name and address of the lienholder if you have a loan on the vehicle.
  • Provide proof of identification (U.S. driver’s license, birth certificate, military ID, etc.).
  • Provide proof of residency (rental or mortgage agreement, utility bill, paycheck stub, etc.).
  • Pay all required fees.

Utilities List for Davidson County


Utilities List for Williamson County  


Register to Vote in Tennessee


Changing Your Address 



Tennessee has no personal income tax and a state sales tax of 9.25 percent. For detailed information, visit the Tennessee Department of Revenue.

List of Public Schools


List of Private Schools


Greenways Map





Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!

Access quotes from Tennessee's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.